Operational Preview 1Q21
Releasing the new investments platform
São Paulo, April 19, 2021 – Banco Agibank S.A. (“Bank” or “Agibank”), a customer-obstinate digital bank offering solutions to improve and facilitate people’s daily and financial lives, announces its first quarter 2021 operational preview (1Q21). The following information is preliminary, unaudited and subject to revision.
- In line with its relationship banking strategy, in Mar/21, we recorded 2.9 million clients serviced and growth of 104.7% YoY in the number of accounts with salary, providing us with principality and cross-selling opportunities;
- We reached 723 hubs distributed across Brazil, an increase of 128 from Mar/20. Our hubs are a gateway for assisted digitalization, offering to our clients connectivity, learning and a sense of belonging, inside an omnichannel model.
- Demand deposits grew +110.0% in Mar/21 YoY, e seguiremos avançando nessa fonte de funding;
- The digital transactions volume was up 122.6% in 1Q21 from 1Q20, indicating a significant gain in customer usage of the Bank’s products and services, together with a 18.3% decrease in the cost per transaction, indicative of the capture of economies of scale;
- Our NPS (Net Promoter Score) reached 74 points in March and remained above 70 points throughout 2020, significantly exceeding the banking industry’s average. In addition, our digital channels usage ratio for the 50-plus public lies at 45%, vis-à-vis a global average of 8%;
- A 25.3% reduction of the average interest rate on non payroll-deductible personal credit in Mar/21, compared to the same period in the previous fiscal year. The declining interest rate path is in line with our purpose of fostering financial justice and facilitating thousands of Brazilians’ access to credit;
- Credit origination surpassed R$ 1.1 billion in 1Q21, which representes an advance of 48.4% per day compared to the first quarter of 2020;
- Credit Portfolio reached R$ 2.6 billion, growing 52.9% YoY, particularly amongst the core portfolios: personal credit to accountholders, payroll-deductible loans and payroll-deductible credit cards;
- The share of the credit portfolio whose customers’ income derives from a Federal payments source reached 96.1% of the total portfolio in Mar/20;
- We closed Mar/21 com 359.173 lives insured, growing 61.7% YoY and 15.6% over Dec/20, with average secured age of 59 years;
- Life insurance Cross Selling of 87.6% in new contracts;
- Collection of R$ 15.5 million in life insurance premiums in 1Q21, growing 52.9% compared to 1Q20 and 6.0% compared to 4Q20.
Release of Agibank’s Investments Platform
A newly developed APP to complement the financial ecosystem in our platforms, way beyond banking
The digital bank Agibank has launched the beta version of its investments platform, a complete portfolio of products for fixed income, securities, investment funds and government bonds. All of this to amplify even more the value offer to clients and advance in the construction of complete synergy for financial and non-financial solutions.
The platform will be an important step to address the deposits line in Agibank’s liabilities and improve leverage capacity, acting as a service provider for this new ecosystem, which is being built completely outside the bank’s structure. “It truly is a digital platform business, in which Agibank will provide financial services and solutions, alongside other companies and sellers of non-financial products. This way, we will boost the rate of digital account openings end-to-end, being an important strategic complement to expand our value proposition to all customer profiles, including legal entities, starting from our current base. We are also entering the retail investments market, which we plan to decentralize, reaching the pockets currently held by the big five Brazilian banks, bringing the same experience and pro-customer attitude that made us achieve 74 NPS to our future investors”, emphasizes Marciano Testa, Agibank’s CEO.
Besides the new investment products themselves, that broaden Agibank’s portfolio, the online platform will offer all necessary user support, answering to all needs that more experienced clients as well as newer ones may have. Without charging fees, this solution is integrated to the bank’s checking accounts service, also free of maintenance fees. “The platform will be very important for us to amplify our relationship to our current and future clients, who until until now were limiteD to our CDs. This will contribute to attracting new profiles of investors to the bank, besides adding more demand deposits and reducing our funding costs in the long term”, comments Thiago Souza, Agibank’s CFO.
The platform will be available to the market in the beginning of the second half of 2021, already integrated to this new ecosystem. Until then, it will be tested to qualify the user experience and usability of the virtual space. “We are a payroll institution, which gives us the possibility of controlling the outflow of funds as we offer investment options to all types of clients”, adds Thiago.
“Transparency and information are crucial for this new stage in Agibank’s journey. That’s why we start releasing operational previews to our clients and shareholders, every quarter”, comments Marciano. He adds:”We’re very satisfied with the first quarter’s results. We finished 2.9 million clients and a 104.7% increase in account holders with salary. We have 723 hubs throughout Brazil, 128 more than March 2020, assisting in transitioning people from the physical to the digital world.
Other highlights were the NPS (Net Promoter Score) of 74 in March, much higher than the average of the Brazilian banking industry, and the digital engagement index among 50+ year old clients of 45%, against the financial market’s average of 8%. The origination of credit also surpassed R$ 1.1 billion in the first quarter, which represents growth of 48.4% per day compared to the same period of the previous year.